Never have I ever…
Let’s play a quick game of Never Have I Ever…
- Never have I ever stumbled across another business owner whose content I binged until experiencing near-blindness in the early hours of the morning
- Never have I ever become so obsessed with a certain actor that I’ve watched pretty much everything they’re in and then put them on my Google Alerts
- Never have I ever purchased a program from a particular person simply because of who they are and not because I needed it
- Never have I ever listened to a song on repeat for hours on end because it made my soul and skin feel alive
- Never have I ever deliberately been in a certain place at a certain time just so I could accidentally run into a certain person
Okayyyy, so I very rarely drink, but I’d be bottoms up of a glass of good Merlot for every single one of those. I’ve done them all. What a hussy. (Slash creep.)
Chances are you’ve done a few of these, too? If so, EXCELLENT NEWS.
These are your Captivators. And you can use them as your brand guides.
These aren’t people you just… notice.
These are people who hold your attention and adoration to the point where you fall a little bit in love with them. (The platonic kind. Usually.)
You feel like you really get them (and they would really get you, if you ever met). You want to know everything about them. You want to know their secrets. You want to learn their “ways”. You either want to keep them all to yourself or tell everyone you know about them. You want to understand how they think. You want to read everything they write. And you want to buy everything they sell.
Now is the time for YOU to become a Captivator, and become the person your best-fit clients, customers, and students look to in a similar way to what I’ve described above.
Becoming a Captivator is some of the most important work you’ll ever do in building a brand + business that feels like home.
But how do you do it?
Let’s start with defining who you need to be to yourself before you can be a Captivator to others.
- A Captivator is someone who decides what they want and then goes after it with quiet, fervent devotion.
- A Captivator is someone who makes decisions from a place of intention, not hope or fear.
- A Captivator is someone who takes radical responsibility for their actions, choices, and behaviour.
- A Captivator is someone who follows their instincts, not someone else’s “proven formulas” that don’t feel aligned.
- A Captivator is someone who is more focused on doing something right than doing it rushed.
- A Captivator is someone who expresses their truest self, even when it’s uncomfortable to do so.
- A Captivator is someone who says what needs to be said, especially if nobody else is saying it.
- A Captivator is someone who knows that being themselves will draw the right people to them and repel the wrong ones.
- A Captivator is someone who doesn’t need to shout from the rooftops to get their message heard.
- A Captivator is someone who embodies the next-level version of themselves, always.
Which number(s) have you got nailed already? Which do you need to work on?